Leaving an Impression with Vacation Rental Gift Baskets
Creating a successful Airbnb really comes down to one thing: customer experience. To be successful in the vacation rental business, you have to WOW your guests. It’s about going above and beyond. With Airbnb having millions of homes on their platform for guests to choose from, it’s all about standing out and getting those repeat customers that loved it so much, they want to come back.
There are a number of different ways to achieve a successful customer experience, but today we want to talk about one method that we use to stand out and give the customers a great first impression of our company and brand: welcome gift baskets.
Upon walking in the front door, our guests are immediately greeted with a handwritten letter and a table full of treats, essentials and souvenirs that are free for our guests to take. Not only are they blown away by the murals and neat features that make up our themed Airbnbs, they are also instantly connected with our brand and feel welcomed. Even if your home isn’t themed out as Star Wars, little thoughtful items will make them remember you for a relatively low cost.
Here is a list of a few things we like to include in our gift baskets: (visit the amazon link by clicking on the name)
1. A handwritten letter by our cleaning staff that is personalized with their name (and any special occasion greeting like “happy birthday” or “happy anniversary”)
2. Water Bottles: These are great for taking to the park or beach if they forgot to bring their own
3. Lindor Chocolates: Who can say no to chocolate right? And it tops the classic hotel pillow mints.
4. Advil: Enjoying a day at the theme park doesn’t come without its headaches.
5. Pez: Something fun that matched the theme. For example, in Twelve Parsecs we give a Star War Character Pez. The icon candy that reminds every kid of their childhood. Nothing like a candy straight from R2D2.
6. Lip Balm: A commonly overlooked and forgotten item on trips. Helps protect you lips from getting chapped when in the sun all day having fun
7. Sunscreen: No one wants a sunburn on vacation. Apply on repeat!
8. A bounce back discount card for their next visit: These discount cards are for our own website so not only does it encourage them to book our home again, but with us directly instead of through a platform that takes extra fees!
As you can see, our gift baskets are simple but housewarming. The basket for each house is unique, and even sometimes customized per guest--like a guest that says they have kids will also kid some kid centered things like coloring book packs. This is one easy way to start your guest off on a good note. It leaves them happy more likely to leave your home with a great review on Airbnb. Stay tuned to more blog posts on Airbnbs and follow along on our Loma Homes Airbnb blog http://loma-homes.com/blog/ to get more specialized tips and tricks on running an Airbnb.